Do I need an attorney?

*Are you receiving less then your full pay benefits?

*Are your checks late?

*Is any part of your medical treatment being denied?

*Is your treating doctor the company doctor?

*Are you not receiving reimbursement for mileage?

*Has your adjuster forgotten to explain to you the lump            sum benefits which are available to you?

If you answered yes to any of these questions then having an attorney could make all the difference in the world to you.

Robert Saunders is a board certified personal injury trial lawyer with over 30 years of experience. The Saunders Law Firm has an undivided loyalty to you, the injured worker.  For over 30 years the firm has recovered money for injured workers; all paid by insurance companies or large self-insured entities such as the City of Houston.  The firm is capable and prepared to face off any employer or insurance company to enforce your rights as an injured employee.

Can I afford an attorney?

Attorney fees are regulated by the Labor Code.Your attorney charges on an hourly basis for the work he actually performs for you.  You are never required to pay an attorney in advance.  The attorney's billing is submitted to the Texas Department of insurance for approval as to necessity and reasonableness.  Once approved, payment of any attorney fees to the attorney is contingent upon your receipt of pay benefits.

Can I recover damages for pain and suffering and other problems caused by a wrongful denial of my claim?

In some circumstances you can.  You must consult with an attorney, however. In those instances in which the insurance carrier wrongfully withheld your pay benefits or your medical care, you may be entitled to money damages for the harm which the denial caused.  These money damages are separate and apart, and in addition to your weekly pay benefits and can amount to hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Can I recover if I am fired from my job?

Once again, you will need to consult with an attorney, but if you are discharged because you filed a workers compensation claim; that is a wrongful discharge in the State of Texas and it is actionable.

Isn’t a free attorney available through the “OFFICE OF INJURED WORKERS COUNSEL”?

No.  The office of injured workers counsel does not provide an attorney for you. The department of insurance employee assigned to your claim by the so-called office of injured workers counsel is not an attorney and will not and cannot act as an advocate in your best interest.  They cannot file your case in district Court and they are full time employees of the department of insurance for the state of Texas.  These State employees cannot recover money damages for you.

If you have any questions about your claim or the work comp process, call 281-448-3300 now for a free consultation. 

Find out if you are eligible for an advance form the insurance company.
Find out if the amount of your check may be increased.
Find out how to change treating doctors or how to get a second opinion.
Find out how to dispute the findings of the designated doctor.
Find out to obtain a lump sum benefit payment.